The Biology of Cancer
Thanks to the development of new technologies, particularly in the molecular field, and the enhancement of concepts and models, today biology is playing a vital role in cancer research.
The knowledge produced by fundamental biology research is contributing today to progress in diagnosis, therapies and prognosis for cancer care.
Transfers between biologists and clinicians are currently developing very strongly, whether this concerns molecular signatures to define the type of cancers, cellular or extra-cellular biomarkers allowing diagnosis and monitoring, or targeted molecular therapies.
The Cancer Biology Department within INCa's Research Division is focusing on three main objectives:
- to support the excellence of fundamental biomedical research
- to mobilise teams to work on large scale integrated and genome research programmes
- to contribute to joint programming with a supervising ministry, research bodies and agencies.
These are partnerships in education, infrastructure support and research
- Lancement de l’appel à projets de recherche dans le domaine « Epigénome et cancer » (16/04/13),
- Le rôle du microenvironnement dans la formation des tumeurs et leur progression (15/04/13),
- Lancement du volet "cancer" du PHRC et du PRME (03/04/13),
- Programme Matwin : lancement de l’appel à candidatures 2013 (02/04/13),
- Appel à candidature pour le 42eme prix Fondation ARC Léopold Griffuel (18/03/13),
- Toutes les actualités